MakingStarWars.net Exclusive: Star Wars: Episode VII Disney Executive Breakfast?

MakingStarWars.net Exclusive: Andrew from MakingStarWars.net met with the right person today and learned a few things we believe may coincide with a larger Star Wars: Episode VII announcement. We don’t know for sure, but it appears to be the case so don’t shoot the messengers on this one.  If you can think of a reason the executives would get together to celebrate Star Wars on a random Thursday, a month before Star Wars Weekends, we’d like to hear it! Plus it is bringing a retired George Lucas into the mix which makes it sound important. What we have learned in the last 48 hours: Menu

• Disney will host a Star Wars executive breakfast this Thursday, April 24th.

• George Lucas will be in attendance.

• Classic Star Wars film actors  will be in attendance.

• The VIP event will be for about 100 people.

• The menu will  be Star Wars themed (edible characters, Yoda was mentioned).

• Only top executives from Disney are attending.

• The event will be held at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.

• This meal will also be served for Star Wars Weekends, but the first time it will be served will be at this executive breakfast on April 24th. It will start “May 4th, and be used for 54 consecutive days afterward” for non-executives.

The Prep Menu:

Update 4/21/14: TFN’s Eric Geller says “a Lucasfilm spokesperson has categorically denied that this event is taking place.” I’m not going to pull a “well, they would say that” or anything. But we have three different sources saying that’s the case. One source provided us with the menu images and my staff knows the sources personally so this isn’t the kind of situation where they’re pulling one over on us. So is it happening or not? I can’t say. If Lucasfilm says it isn’t true, I have to assume it isn’t and there’s some kind of misunderstanding here. But I have to be honest, it doesn’t make sense. We are being told the event is happening and Lucas will be there.

16 Comments

• TheHappyJedi says:

Where exactly is this breakfast taking place? England? California? Coruscant?

• Smoke says:

I highly doubt that a professional event like that would misspell steak as “stake”.

• Theo says:

I like how the menu selections are very simple. Even Carrie Fisher can order.

• Adam says:

Those menu items look very fishy. The text in the top left hand corner appears to be superimposed. At least one of them is incorrectly named.

• Most certainly not. The pictures were taken by one of my staff, personally. If we were going to bother faking anything, we wouldn’t fake something as boring as a menu and use Photoshop. I would make the menu in Word, print it out, photograph it and pass it off that way. Compositing stuff just takes the whole thing to another level of difficulty that doesn’t make sense.

I have a few more photos I am waiting on permission to post from the event of the menu binders.

• SithWitch says:

I dunno. They spelled “steak” incorrectly on the Kessel Run menu. This bodes awfully bad for the final edit of Episode 7….

• Gallandro says:

I’ve worked in media for yeeeeaaaaarrrrrrssss and worked a number of corporate type events like this, and mistakes like misspellings are common . These menus are likely simply temporary place holders. I’m sure Disney has their own marketing graphic design team working on proper menus for Thursday.

• Gallandro says:

Jason also be careful about the usage of the word Cast Member at this event. This breakfast is clearly a preview of the Disney Star Wars Breakfast experience they are unveiling at Disney World in May, and this menu is internal to Disney. In Disney-speak a Cast member is a character or employee at the Park… this could simply be appearances by Stormtroopers, R2-D2, C-3PO or Vader while execs eat. I’m sure there’s bound to be some sort of presentation due to the presence of these executives, but I’ll bet this is something related to the Parks and how they plan to integrate the Star Wars license into the Parks down the road.

• fred says:

A cast member is every single Disney employee no matter what they do. Characters, custodians, chefs, hosts, ride operators. Every single employee.

• Gallandro says:

Outstanding reporting Jason, can’t wait to see what comes of this meeting. Hopefully some good announcements!

Yancy

• EBo says:

May The ‘ Sauce ‘ Be With You

• the1 says:

As a cast member myself who works in a disney bakery I can tell you those are just for the cast members as a reference when making all the components. Those will never be seen by guest. Also cast member doesn’t refer to everyone. Disney has cast members, crew members, and imagineers.