I was written by a source themselves the “Whill” this week. They say they were involved with production and wanted to clarify some things. I was not able to verify the source, but another source of ours has heard a few things in this report. So I’m sharing. Rather than think about it for a week, I figured I would just share. Here you go:
- Lukes Disappearance – The idea that Luke disappeared immediately after Endor isn’t entirely true. He had a good 10 to 20 years after Return Of The Jedi ended. When the movie starts he’s been missing for around 10 years.
- Count Dooku Connection – Back when Benedict Cumberbatch was a rumored addition to the cast, a rumor was that his character was a descendant of Count Dooku. This was true. This connection was then moved onto Gwendoline Christies character.
- Leia and the Hutt’s – There was a production sketch done very very early on which showed Princess Leia standing in the middle of several Hutts. She was wearing a maroon dress (political style) and was flanked by two soldiers (they looked to me like the Naboo guards from Phantom Menace but to others they looked like the rebel soldiers from the beginning of A New Hope.) The picture looked as if she was having a meeting with them. She certainly didn’t appear to be captive or under threat. I have no idea if this sketch has anything to do with the movie that is being shot as it was very early on.
- Endor – Again, very early on, there were several sketches titled ‘after party’ which was a bit of an in-joke. These showed a second battle of Endor. The story being that after the rebels left Endor, Imperial forces and these new villains attacked. They killed many Ewoks and more importantly left with the remains of Darth Vader. Now, where I was working at the time, there was a lot going on and some of it wasn’t necessarily related to Episode VII but other Star Wars projects that will fill in the gaps between Episode VI and VII . I don’t think these scenes will appear in the movie but rather something set between movies.
- George Lucas – George’s vision for the Sequel Trilogy was to take it right back to the beginning. Meaning, the beginning of the Jedi and Sith, how that came to be and how ancients forces were still influencing things. Luke was going to go on an adventure that would take him back to the origin of evil in the Galaxy. Some of these ideas have very much influenced the story.
So there you have it. If found the Endor stuff fascinating. It makes me wonder if it is potentially for a video game?