Mark Hamill on Luke Skywalker from Star Wars: The Force Awakens for Famous Monsters!
Famous Monsters of Filmland has a new interview with Mark Hamill in the their new issue. There is also a Star Wars: The Force Awakens cover revealed here now. I love to see a great magazine like Famous of Monsters of Filmland get access to this content and its one we’re going to want for a collections, if you’re like me and buy up the good print stuff when you can find it. Here are some highlights from the next issue.
MARK HAMILL’S ALL-NEW INTERVIEW IN FM #283:
- ON THE BASIC CONCEPT OF THE FORCE AWAKENS: “It is about setting up the next generation of heroes and villains, but the fact that half a dozen cast members from the originals can be there to place it in some sort of context, to be there for the historical side of things, I think it’s wonderful. … Young people can see the progression of the characters. I’m old enough to be Luke’s grandfather now, and that’s a healthy, natural thing for people to see.”
- HOW FORCE AWAKENS WILL FEEL DIFFERENT: “I think [THE FORCE AWAKENS] could be every bit as exciting for the audience, [but] it’s not going to be like it was then, when we’re rattling around in the Death Star, and exchanging quips, and jockeying for the affections of the princess. It’s going to be age appropriate. The story has moved on, and our purpose in the story is different than it was then.”
- FILMING FORCE AWAKENS AT THE SAME AGE AS ALEC GUINNESS: “Intellectually, I know I’m the same age as Alec Guinness. Emotionally, I’m thinking, “Are you kidding me?!? I still like The Three Stooges and the Rolling Stones. How could I be old?”
- ON HIS APPRECIATION FOR FM MAGAZINE: “Famous Monsters really played an important part in my life, and in my decision and my belief that working in the areas that I wanted to pursue was a possibility at all. … [It] was something that was very, very special to me, and the fact that it’s been around for more than half a century is a testament to its importance in the pop-culture world.”• Hamill exclusively reveals the surprising, one-of-a-kind birthday gift that director J.J. Abrams gave him.
- Hamill weighs in on the STAR WARS anthologies with his top choice for a spin-off movie character!
The Star Wars: The Force Awakens cover:
The Original Trilogy Cover:
The full interview should be pretty fun. That magazine is a place where Mark Hamill is probably more at home than say one of the big news outlets. I also dig seeing Luke on the cover of the magazine with Han and Leia. It is refreshing and one of the few offerings in which you can see that depiction at this time.