Rumors: Star Wars Land Details pertaining to the Falcon, an X-wing, Rogue One, and Star Wars: Episode VIII
The Star Wars Land details at Disneyland continue to trickle in. Today we have learned a few interesting tiny tidbits about the new park. For me, living in Southern California, this is really cool news. I’m not sure how people react to spoilers and rumors from theme parks, but consider this your warning.
- Poe Dameron’s black X-wing fighter will greet guests at the 3rd entrance to Star Wars Land, although an Episode VIII feature to the fighter might make it different from what we know about it from The Force Awakens.
- Characters and creatures from Star Wars: Episode VIII will be featured in the park.
- The Falcon will be real, life sized, not scaled down at all, and sitting on top of a launch pad.
- The Falcon will be opening and closing its main door and aliens/ troopers will be walking around asking people if they’ve seen anyone leave the ship.
- There will be two major attractions, one larger than “Toon Town” itself.
- Don’t worry about not being able to go inside the Falcon. One of the major attractions will take care of that for you as you fly in the cockpit of the freighter itself.
- The word is the Imagineers loved the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story script, but if that will come into play is still hazy. Initial word was the second major attraction would feature Rogue One content, but now that appears to be somewhat unlikely.
It sounds like the Falcon is going to be a central highlight of the park itself, which is kind of a given and on most people’s wish lists for the land. However, the way they’re doing it sounds intriguing. The Falcon as a centerpiece that helps tell the story of the area with a ride that allows you to engage the ship on a different set, essentially. I can’t wait for this area to open and to hear the full details.