A Star Wars Story
A leg up on some information on Forest Whitaker in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
The article below on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story may contain spoilers from the upcoming film, so read on at your own risk. Please do not openly discuss these rumors on social media as to not spoil the movie for anyone that wants to remain spoiler-free.
I’ve always enjoyed most of the films Forest Whitaker has been in. When it was announced he was in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, I was elated to hear the news he was cast in the film. Whenever possible, he’s one of the actors I often ask about and I keep hearing a version of this:
- Forest Whitaker’s character uses a cane.
- It appears he has one leg and uses a cane as a crutch to walk.
- He appears to be a veteran of some battles, but it isn’t clear if he lost his leg fighting in the Clone Wars or against the Empire.
- Based on a differentiated code name from the rest of the rebels in the movie, it appears he is likely good but maybe a bounty hunter affiliated type (more on this later).
- He seems to be a “good guy” in Rogue One.
- He has a cape and his costume is a hodgepodge of different things (think of someone you might see at Maz’s castle).
Earlier reports made it seem like he might have one leg but the clarification on the topic is a “robot leg.” Whitaker sounds visually interesting to me in terms of his design in general. I’m a fan of capes and robot legs as it turns out, so I’m pleased to learn one of the most known actors to be cast in Rogue One sports some sweet duds.