The newest installment of the Star Wars Battlefront DLC content is coming soon, and we have more on what will be included.
Of course, this one takes place on the planet Bespin from The Empire Strikes Back. Today, we have some info from the first live stream of the game. This live stream was shorter than many expected and still left the viewers with many questions. Having said that, let’s take a look at what we did find out.
- The first thing to note is that there are five maps included in the DLC.
- Two new blasters include the EE-4 and X-8 Night Sniper.
- The EE-4 is similar to the EE-3 but with some modifications. It has a much shorter barrel that makes the blaster lose accuracy over range; however, it makes up for it in a higher rate of fire. Interestingly, it was inspired by an unnamed blaster from a Star Wars comic. The X-8 Night Sniper is a blaster whose best asset is a heat-vision scope, allowing you to see even Shadowtroopers in the dark.
- There are some new skins (and possibly a Rank 70, though that isn’t certain) for each side.
- The rebels have a Bespin Guard and the Imperials have a Shock Trooper.
- Wait a minute–if the new skin is a Shock Trooper, what about the Honor Guard for the Emperor? There’s a new one of them too — it’s the Royal Guard.
- You can now use Cloud Cars while playing in the Bespin maps, notably Fighter Squadron and Walker Assault modes.
- Apparently they are the fastest ships in the game yet, and the Rebels get the classic orange cars, while the Imperials have the blue versions.
- The game modes are 32 players and feature a new one called Sabotage. This combines a destruction with the already established Extraction mode.
- In addition, you can now play one mode without rotation. In the DLC, Drop Zone will have three pods for capture at once, with the team that first gets to 10 winning.
- The new heroes are Lando Calrissian and Dengar.
- We didn’t get much on them from the stream, but we did find out that one of Lando’s abilities allows him to put something out that appears like a power-up to the enemies, but is actually some sort of trap. Also, it turns out that Simon Pegg voiced for Dengar, as he did in The Clone Wars, and Billy Dee Williams himself voiced Lando.
Now that’s all for the Bespin DLC, but there are still a few other things coming in the patch update. The lobby screen is more simplistic and the UI overall was cleaned up a bit. The scorelog was moved from the bottom left of the screen to the middle-right, and again is showing less. You can deactivate star cards that you accidentally activated.
There were also some changes to existing weapons. The bowcaster is now more concentrated rather than a linear shot, the Explosive Shot will overheat twice as fast, and there’s a card called Scout Binoculars that identifies the enemies to your team in a targeted area.
Whew, that’s a lot! As stated before, there’s still more to come (especially related to Dengar’s abilities and more star cards), but that’s what we now know for the coming DLC and update. The Bespin pack is available June 21st for Season Pass holders and two weeks later on July 5 for everyone else who wants to purchase it. I, for one, am extremely excited and will see you in Cloud City!
Check out the new trailer for the Bespin package below!