I was contacted by a person wishing to remain “safely anonymous.” This person dropped a lot of Star Wars: The Force Awakens stuff on our lap this afternoon. I haven’t verified this person’s information but some has merit as far I know. This source also described a photo I saw recently perfectly and they didn’t know it. So I’m sharing and you can take it or leave it. I’m not adamant this information is correct or to the extent it is. I am simply sharing the rumor because the information is entertaining. That is not to say it might not all be very valid.
This will be my second “food for thought” rumor post this week. Its not really my style. But I find this report fun and some of this stuff isn’t out there in the public sphere of information. So they’re either in possession of accurate information on the film or they are the world’s luckiest guessers.
The implication is that basically Rey and Luke go into hiding at exactly the same time for the same reason. She is the daughter of Han and Leia and she’s tasked with protecting a lightsaber that can open a proverbial Pandora’s Box of evil. Artifacts being sought after by Kylo Ren are collected because they’re trying to figure out which artifact will open the tomb. Luke Skywalker is guarding the tomb and being tormented by evil spirits that appears half crazed from the duty he’s been on.
Domhnall Gleeson was a rebel for many years and he’s the son of “a huge character.” But he defected to the Empire when he learned that the Rebels had constructed a super weapon in secret. With less than honorable people in the Rebel Alliance now, Gleeson’s character is tasked with hunting Finn while also on a secret mission to destroy both super weapons of the Empire and the Rebels.
Gwendoline Christie is his lead shock trooper. She’s a chrome trooper with black and red cape that is hunting Finn. She uses a lightsaber, is arrogant, demeaning, and kills indiscriminately. Her face is heavily scarred and she has a military haircut. Yes, the ability to cloak herself did come up and it supposedly is used twice in the movie.
Here is some elaboration:
- Luke is in hiding during much of The Force Awakens. He has put himself in a self imposed exile and is protecting an ancient Sith tomb from being opened by the main bad guy, Kylo Ren.
He goes on to say that inside that tomb is the body of an ancient evil being. Luke Skywalker doesn’t know how to open this tomb buy Kylo does. Luke’s stay in this place has had him tormented by evil spirits of the past.
- It is true that a simple lightsaber leads the trio to Han but what isn’t mentioned is that Han is extremely reluctant to allow his daughter to be part of this plan.
This source believes Rey is Han Solo’s daughter. Over the course of the film we learn she is in love with Poe and Han Solo does not approve.
- There is a scene which shows Finn trying to shoot a blaster and he is awful – it’s a little in-joke about how inept Stormtroopers were in the Original Trilogy.
They say that Finn’s family was murdered by The Empire and he was forced into recruitment along with his best friend. His best friend is killed in the opening sequence of the film in front of Finn. This role is rumored to be played by Pip Andersen. It is shortly after this scene that he meets his likely next best friend for life, Poe.
- Finn and Poe end up in an imperial brig after being caught.
Finn instantly dislikes Poe. But being in the brig they concoct a plan to steal a TIE Fighter. Meanwhile Rey fast-talks a guard and steals his keycard to break them out.
- Finn and company steal an advanced TIE and unfortunately it crashes, injuring Finn.
This bit is confusing to me and doesn’t necessarily line up with how I thought things unfolded. None the less, Finn being injured in a TIE crash does line up with how he ends up in the Wagon Speeder, and the source does mention that stuff too.
- There is a scene in the bar where Finn uses a lightsaber to deflect laser blasts at him and Rey says she thinks Finn has found his calling.
They also note that Finn is a total pacifist. He doesn’t fight those that killed his family but this is the pathway to Finn being able to defend the people he loves.
- Max von Sydow: A former Rebel Alliance veteran now dealing in antiquities – very much like a SW version of Brody from Indiana Jones. It turns out that Rey has a lightsaber which holds information vital to the rebellion and this is hidden inside BB-8.
The old guy reveals to Rey that the crystal in the lightsaber they are holding has the ability to open the tomb Luke is guarding. If accurate, this could explain why the lightsaber is so important and why our heroes only have one while on the sand planet in the depictions I’ve seen.
- Rey’s last name: Her real name is revealed through Han Solo much to the surprise of Finn and Poe.
I’m not exactly sure why Finn would be surprised she’s a Solo unless Solo is famous or something. They say she is reluctant to become a Jedi. Rey was put into hiding with the lightsaber crystal and forced to used a fake fake name to hide her association to her father and especially to Luke Skywalker. She is also angered to find out that her friend played by Max von Sydow was in on the ruse and was her watcher for all this time.