Yesterday at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, it wasn’t all about Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Dave Filoni and Pablo Hidalgo hosted The Untold Clone Wars panel, in which they discussed many of the story arcs that were developed for upcoming seasons of the show before it was cancelled. Among such revelations were:
- Cad Bane and Boba Fett teaming up to take on some Tusken Raiders
- Quinlan Vos returning and being more in line with his EU counterpart
- Clone troopers who were loyal to Ahsoka Tano
- The Jedi Temple being built over the structures of other Force users, including a Sith temple (see Star Wars: Tarkin by James Luceno)
- The Yuuzhan Vong were explored for a possible introduction into the Clone Wars
- And much, much more!
The Official Star Wars Web site hosted a liveblog of the entire panel which you can check out, complete with concept sketches from some of the arcs. Fair warning though: if you’re a fan of the Clone Wars and think it ended before its time, these details and images are a bit heartbreaking. There is a lot of really cool stuff that was in development. Hopefully, Lucasfilm and Disney can figure out a way to get it out to the fans in some form, like Christie Golden’s upcoming novel Dark Disciple, based on eight Asajj Ventress-centric episodes (though, my vote is that they complete them and go the direct-to-video route a la the DC Comics animated films).