According to THR, casting for the young Han Solo movie has begun. The spin-off movies which are sometimes referred to as “anthology” films or something like “Han Solo: A Star Wars Story” is apparently looking for the young actor that will play the role Harrison Ford kicked off in the first Star Wars trilogy, only a decade before he met up with Luke Skywalker and helped destroy the Death Star.
THR says that casting director Jeanne McCarthy has seen over 2500 young actors for the part. The movie will shoot in January of 2017 and release in May of 2018. So they still have some time to find the right young Han Solo. They are seeing Americans, Canadians, and British actors and the list is pretty huge on the knowns and semi-knowns part.
Actors on the list:
- Dave Franco, 30
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson, 25
- Fury‘s Logan Lerman, 23
- Miles Teller, 28
- Hemlock Grove star Landon Liboiron, 23
- Ed Westwick, 28
- Jurassic World‘s Nick Robinson, 20
- Tom Felton, 28
- Joshua Sasse, 27
- Kickin’ It‘s Leo Howard, 18
- The Purge‘s Tony Oller, 24
- Mr. Robot star Rami Malek, 34
- Chandler Riggs, the 16-year-old star of The Walking Dead
- Hunter Parrish, 28
- The Fault in Our Stars‘ Ansel Elgort, 21
- Transformers: Age of Extinction‘s Jack Reynor, 23
- plus TV faces like Teen Wolf‘s Colton Haynes, 27
- Bates Motel‘s Max Thieriot, 27
Understandably, they want someone that looks like Harrison Ford who can be smart, funny, charming, and handle the action sequences. This is the part where fans start asking about Anthony Ingruber. I know they know about him so I’m sure he’s been considered at the very least.