We heard some rumors in recent that I thought were interesting about Disneyland and the Star Wars Launch Bay as well as Star Wars Land (or The Star Wars Experience). This information is a little old now, honestly. But since then some of it has been reported in various forms. Here’s what we have heard:
- Word is there might be some kind of big deal event for the construction of Star Wars Land ground-breaking like they did for Avatar.
- A behind the scenes feature for the Star Wars Launch Bay has been put together for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
- The Marvel area above the Star Wars Launch Bay is being removed and the rumor is it may house a Star Wars Land preview area of some kind and additional Star Wars content.
- Right now the plan is for the cantina in Star Wars Land to serve alcohol, which is a big deal in the Disneyland park.
- You won’t be able to see any visual elements of the Star Wars area until you enter so it’s complete immersion. You’ll exit Critter Country and enter a narrow tunnel, coming out of it seeing massive buildings and X-Wings setting a dazzling tone.
- A complicated laser system is in place that will allow them to project things into the sky that look like ships from the Star Wars galaxy.
That’s it for now on the rumor front. It is still so early in the process but I’m so excited for The Star Wars Experience. The Rogue One feature might go in the place the Marvel stuff used to be or it might replace the current video, but it’s not yet clear and further updates on that haven’t yielded any clarification yet.