There were rumors recently that Tom Hardy has a part in Star Wars: Episode VIII. We can confirm the authenticity of those rumors as they are in fact true. We were able to confirm the general contents of his sequence with a few of our sources as of late and piece the cameo together. So yes, Tom Hardy does have a small sequence in Star Wars: Episode VIII. Read on for the contents of the sequence. Please do not share these spoilers openly on social media or spoil anyone that doesn’t wish to be spoiled.
After investigating the scenario we have ascertained something like this goes down:
- Tom Hardy plays a First Order stormtrooper.
- Said stormtrooper glimpses FN-2187 on a secret mission but doesn’t realize it.
- The “incognito” FN-2187 is surprised when the stormtrooper walks up behind him and slaps him on the ass.
- FN-2187 turns around and believes he’s dead. He’s surely going to be captured.
- The stormtrooper is elated to see his old friend from back during their First Order academy days.
- The stormtrooper congratulates FN-2187 on his promotion to Resistance infiltrator and spy.
- FN-2187 is free to go about his business to his amazement.
Basically Finn is on a mission, a stormtrooper recognizes him from training, and then lets him go in a comedic misunderstanding. What is interesting about it is it reveals that most of the stormtroopers that knew FN-2187 defected perished at the battle of Starkiller Base in The Force Awakens. I speculate: fearing dissent amongst the troops, Supreme Leader Snoke, General Hux, and Kylo Ren felt it would be unwise to inform the rest of the First Order exactly what happened to one of their own. (It probably doesn’t help that FN-2187 also put Captain Phasma in the trash compactor. It seems better to keep that on the down-low.)
The spirit of the cameo was very much in the same realm as the Daniel Craig cameo in The Force Awakens. We aren’t entirely sure if Hardy removes his helmet, but our bet is he does not.
Last Updated on