Episode 185 – Now, This is Podcasting! Exclusive info on the droid from Visceral’s Star Wars Game!
Last Updated on
This episode is brought to you by Topps Digital Star Wars Card Trader! Be sure to download the app today and trade with the MakingStarWars team! And by Funko’s Smuggler’s Bounty: the only official Star Wars subscription box. Subscribe at SmugglersBounty.com!
Join Jason, Randy, and Sal for the latest episode of “Now, This Is Podcasting!”
On this week’s show: Exclusive info on the droid from Visceral’s Star Wars Game! Ron Howard to direct young Han Solo and Ron conducts an interview with Mark from Funko!
- Ron Howard to direct young Han Solo
- Visceral’s new Star Wars Game and the importance of Alderaan
NTIP! Exclusive Scoop on the new R2-inspired droid from Visceral’s Star Wars Game and her powers!
- Doc is the droid owned by Dodger, the game’s main character.
- He stole her and she’s his field medic.
- She travels on a rolling base covered by a cylindrical body. The original design was based on McQuarrie’s Artoo design, the same design that inspired BB-8.
- However, the big difference for Doc is that her head docks to her body allowing her to detach and help in interesting way. Doc will presumably heal you in-game.
- Her body is white. The detailing (like where Artoo is blue) is red. She has a disc antenna on top of her head like Chopper.
- In concept art she uses the claw arm attached to her head to pickpocket a stormtrooper.
- She is featured in all main cast group concepts.
- Doc’s head detaches and floats around Dodger’s shoulder, hacking doors and healing him in concept art.
POD PEOPLE: We read your e-mails!
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH FUNKO’S DIRECTOR OF MARKETING MARK ROBBEN!