Iraj Dowlatshahi, host of The Sith List podcast, joins us to discuss…
– The brand-new Solo teaser and trailer!
– Aaron from OKC checks in with his thoughts on the trailer
– Increased hype levels after seeing the Solo trailer
– Iraj’s hype is all the way up
– Hidden Han Solo in the Super Bowl teaser
– The new Solo artwork released by Lucasfilm
– We discuss spinning letters and our favorite shots
– King Tom calls from “Australia” to pitch a Seinfeld-ish coat endeavor
– Everybody loves Donald Glover
– How much of a relationship do Lando and Han have after the Falcon changes hands?
– The parallels between Solo and another beloved heist film
– Steele’s new trailer reaction video (now available on YouTube!)
– Katie McCort from New York puts her unique spin on the trailer
– Will Solo be better than Rogue One?
– We try to gauge how Solo will perform at the box office
– Emily Lind from the Canto Bight Dispatch podcast demands a dad joke from Iraj
– The variance between the Super Bowl teaser and the official trailer
– Emma from Edmonton gives us her trailer reactions and drops some cape blasphemy
– The factors that will make or break this film
– Simon Daoudi in LA has some ideas about Lucasfilm’s shortened marketing strategy
– The hazing process for new members of the MSW Podcast Network
PLUS, IN THE FIFTY-FIVE MINUTE SUPPORTER BONUS SECTION
– Rusty Brown from San Diego impersonates his casino correspondent sister
– Buying Donald Glover as Lando
– Rebecca Edwards from Perth calls the show prior to having seen the trailer
– Robbo from New Jersey actually enjoyed the trailer!
– An ill-fated attempt to impart EU knowledge
– Rebecca rejoins us after watching the trailer, and is HYPED
– The Awesome Space Octopus!
– Iraj and Steele talk about delicious beer
– Shawn calls from LA with his thoughts on the trailer
– The trailer’s use of graphics, and reminiscing over Lost
– Kyle from Toronto loved the gunslinger scene
– Did we see Kessel in the trailer?
– What’s the nature of the Han and Qi’ra relationship?
– Robbo returns to tell us about Lando’s droid
– A prophecy that misread could have been
– Katie’s interest in Solo is higher after our visit from Robbo
– Potential future Star Wars standalones
YOU CAN HELP Steele Wars a sweet 5 star review on iTunes or plug the show on Facebook or Twitter. I really appreciate it. Purchasing through iTunes or Amazon? PLEASE USE THESE LINKS iTunes Amazon
SUPPORT STEELE WARS ON PATREON! Enjoy all our bonus shows and full back catalogue direct to the podcast player or app of your choice while ensuring the continuing production of the Steele Wars Star Wars podcast. Bonus content shows include Making Steele Wars, Steele Wars Live Movie Commentaries, Live Call In Bonus Show, Patreon Q&A Show, full length insert free versions of all Steele Wars episodes and Gonk & Steele’s Trash Compactor (when Gonk isn’t so busy). www.patreon.com/SteeleWars
LISTEN LIVE AND PARTICPATE IN THE STEELE WARS CALL IN SHOW STREAMLIVE BlogTalkRadio.com/SteeleWars CALL IN (646) 668-8360 USA SKYPE IN +1 (646) 668-8360 WORLDWIDE
Part of The Planet Broadcasting Podcast Network and The Making Star Wars Podcast Network. For podcast advertising enquires contact Claire on firstname.lastname@example.org.