Jon Favreau has been hard at work for the past month filming the first ever live-action Star Wars. Even on his birthday. Favreau has not been shy about sharing photos from the set of The Mandalorian on his Instagram including an intergalactic ice cream maker and a very cool Mandalorian weapon. Today the writer and director of the series shared a photo of the man himself, George Lucas visiting the set. It looks like Lucas just stopped in to delivery a bottle of wine from Skywalker Vinyards. What a surprise!
Lucas and Favreau seem to be standing in what looks like a typical Star Wars cantina set. Rad! With all the scoops from here on MakingStarWars.com and the photos that Favreau has shared, the lead up to this series has been the most fun I’ve had anticipating a Star Wars project since The Force Awakens! I can’t wait to get our next look at more of the sets and maybe even the actors involved.
Keep following our coverage of The Mandalorian here:
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Micro Set Update on the status of the set and The Blast Doors: Where are they now?
- The Mandalorian and the Remnants of the Empire after "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi" with a photo!
- Photos of a likely cast member from The Mandalorian, an extra, Huckleberry super confirmed, and more!
- Exclusive: Star Wars: The Mandalorian and the Mystery of the Blast Doors! Over 100 dazzling photos full of intrigue and wonderment!
- Interesting set photos from Star Wars: The Mandalorian, a John Leguizamo rumor, and a strange tidbit!
- The Star Wars: The Mandalorian directors and which episode numbers they will be directing!
- If Star Wars: The Mandalorian is "Project Huckleberry" then Werner Herzog is cast in the series and we saw the smoking gun
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Set Report, a better look at the location, woman director rumor, and MCU director rumor!
- Exclusive high resolution photos & podcasting from a Star Wars: The Mandalorian filming location in Southern California!