Please do not openly discuss the details of this article on social media as to not spoil the the show for anyone that does not wish to be spoiled. While we love spoilers, not all fans do, so lets not upset anyone that doesn’t want to know these details and potentially ruin the experience for anyone. Don’t be a fool, be cool!
In a recent story, I wrote about the rumors I was hearing about Stormtroopers showing up in The Mandalorian. The idea of the story taking place in the aftermath of the Empire makes your imagination push further out and conceive of the troopers as extinct. But it looks more and more like the troopers were pushed to the outer rim. As the first press release stated, this story takes place far away from the reaches of the New Republic. Are these troopers controlled by the “Regional Governors” or are they just aimless militias taking from the people because there’s no central Imperial government to fund their existence?
Is this like when the Nazis escaped to South America but with a Star Wars twist? Based on another location’s report we heard, we think there’s a lot of stormtroopers and not just these two guys we can present as evidence for their inclusion in the series.
We could not obtain a solid shot of the stormtroopers’ masks. So we can’t confirm if they’re different or if they’re the same as the ones we saw in Return of the Jedi. There’s so much time in between when The Mandalorian and when The Force Awakens take place, it would be kind of strange to see very much growth towards that design at this point, some three decades before Kylo Ren.
In other weird news, they were mixing in some red sand into the mix recently and when filming today they were wetting the sand to make the ground appear wet. That’s weird for a volcanic world. Will we see rain hitting the hot ground and sizzling as it hits? Or has this world’s volcanic activity ceased in this era and we just see the black remnants of a more turbulent time for the location?
Either way, we have now empirically spotted two Stormtroopers (one looks like a Biker Scout) on the set of The Mandalorian, confirming you are likely to see the last bastions of the Empire in the series before The First Order rises up in its place. This location was right next to where we saw the alien chilling yesterday. And who do you think the cast member was yesterday?
Follow the rest of our coverage of The Mandalorian:
- Rumor: Live Action Star Wars Series to be about Mandalorians after the fall of the Empire?
- Jon Favreau's live-action Star Wars Television series starts filming next week, first set photos!
- Exclusive high resolution photos & podcasting from a Star Wars: The Mandalorian filming location in Southern California!
- A Star Wars: The Mandalorian set report, photos, costume description, rumored director, and episode count.
- Has Game of Thrones' Pedro Pascal been cast in the live-action Star Wars television series?
- Exclusive Star Wars: The Mandalorian costume photos and happenings update! - October 3rd
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Set Report, a better look at the location, woman director rumor, and MCU director rumor!
- Star Wars Set Photo: The Modular Mandalorian and Greig Fraser confirmed as director of photography for the series?
- If Star Wars: The Mandalorian is "Project Huckleberry" then Werner Herzog is cast in the series and we saw the smoking gun
- The Star Wars: The Mandalorian directors and which episode numbers they will be directing!
- Interesting set photos from Star Wars: The Mandalorian, a John Leguizamo rumor, and a strange tidbit!
- Exclusive: Star Wars: The Mandalorian and the Mystery of the Blast Doors! Over 100 dazzling photos full of intrigue and wonderment!
- Exclusive: The first look at a creature from Star Wars: The Mandalorian!
- Photos of a likely cast member from The Mandalorian, an extra, Huckleberry super confirmed, and more!
- Happy Birthday Jon Favreau! George Lucas on the set of The Mandalorian.
Last Updated on