Earlier today we had an update about Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker concept art and a bit about Black Park pickups or reshoots for the film. After that update we heard from more Pinewood sources. It does now sound like we’re getting confirmations that the reshoots have been happening and are about to ramp up.
Black Park pickups are underway for IX.
Another source commented that the X-wing is back too. We’re pretty sure it is the orange one but we didn’t get confirmation do the brevity of the interaction. But that’s pretty neat to hear.
I was talking with Bespin Bulletin and he mentioned how the timeline pretty much lines up with where they filmed last year and how that’s a pretty big coincidence. I agree. But I also like to be highly skeptical until it is undeniable and sources saying the X-wings are back is what I needed on that front.
The information posted in our earlier report:
- Black Park has a lot of activity right now making it difficult to figure out if the prep work in the area is for Star Wars or something else. A trusted friend at Pinewood believes the work is likely to be for Bond which has taken over the facilities in a big way recently but there’s always the Marvel production too. But in case we are seeing those sets going back up here is the information we have been given from friends.
- At the end of last month, Black Park put up the attached notice in the park saying that this area would be fenced off and a set built during July, August and early September. The same notice says that another area would be dressed for filming from late August onwards. This last area is next to some cottages that are at the far end of the Millennium Falcon set, so I am unclear if this is a new area or refers to the Millennium Falcon ‘reshoot’
- Black Park management says the area would be cordoned off until the end of July.
- The Millenium Falcon area had tropical plants on it from last week. Today, Saturday, a security guard had been parked on a stand behind the fence to look out for people taking photos
- The same netting was there last year. Actually, when I stopped by there today it looked like the amount of overhead netting had been increased.
- I have no information to confirm this is SW – other than the fencing and camo is the same and the font and colour of the signposts for this set are the same as for the one we know to be Star Wars. This set is signposted “S.L.”.