The D23 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker special look video has finally been released. It is nice to have it to look at. The new footage shows us our first look at the “evil” See-Threepio and evil Rey. The new shots are really rad so I made sure to include the details like Rey training with a probe and some shots of the lightsaber. The commentary after the screenshots may contain some spoiler discussion.
Our Podcast on the video and D23:
- The Rey shot was so shocking at D23 it scrambled my brain. As I look at it here, it looks a little strange like it wasn’t filmed but rather created digitally.
- The Star Destroyers are the old ones from Darth Vader’s day too. We thought so at D23 but with only seeing it once, we weren’t sure. The shots of the Star Destroyers seem to support the idea they’re out in the “Beyond” territories where space is unsafe as evidenced by the lightning and storms we see which may support the Sith Fleet story we heard recently.
- I also enjoyed seeing all the various ships in the Resistance/Rebel fleet. We have all the classic ships back but nothing too new either.
- The beam of light hitting the ground is as powerful as a Death Star/Starkiller base type weapon but it is red and not green like a Death Star’s laser for what that’s worth.
- Jannah and Finn seem to be in the storm like area like where we see the Star Destroyers.
This special look was neat. Imagine how cool the actual trailer is going to be. The more we see of the film, the more I like. I hope we don’t have to wait too much longer to see more. But I’m pretty excited by the scope of the movie.
Check back for more Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker updates!