Spoiler Warning: Rumors and Spoilers from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker! Please don’t openly share this content with those that do not wish to be spoiled. Be nice and be smart to keep it to yourself or between those who wish to know.
In this video, I discuss rumors and spoilers from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. There’s a rumor about reshoots and some spoilers about a confrontation with a monster and Rey’s new powers in Episode IX. These rumors come from sources that are newer but have been proven in the realm of possible by the D23 Special Look.
- Further “secret” reshoots have been happening for a few weeks. George Lucas has always been a consultant on the film so the rumors it has to do with the production being in trouble doesn’t ring accurate.
- Source says: “Rey and crew do get attacked by a sandworm alien, which reveals an inexplicable new super power Rey possess: the power to heal or even rejuvenate life. The heroes battle the creature and almost kill the worm and then she uses her powers to repair, or heal, or even bring it back to life.”
- Jedi Paxis says: “The only other part where my info differs is that I was told that instead of our heroes almost killing the worm, the worm basically has our heroes backed into a metaphorical corner and the healing is what allows them to survive and escape. The main story beat is the same, but some of the details panning out one way vs the other has slightly different implications on Rey’s character. Yours makes it sound like it was an act done from a place of power and out of pity while mine implies compassion in the face of danger.”
- Rey and Kylo have a struggle over a ship and during that struggle Rey uses lightning form her fingertips for the first time on accident and it destroys the ship.
- The end of the film has Rey at the Lars homestead where Luke Skywalker grew up. A local sees Rey and comments they haven’t seen anyone near this place in a long time and the local woman asks Rey’s name to which she answers “Rey, Rey Skywalker.”
These rumors come from the same sources that gave us information on the Sith Fleet full of Star Destroyers with Death Star tech on them. That information appears to be backed up in recent D23 trailers.