Today I have a new video about some rumors that I have heard regarding the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker trailer. Because there variations of the trailer floating around with sources, I’m only reporting on the main sequence of this trailer, provided what I’m hearing about is the actual next trailer and not an additional piece hitting closer to release, but that’s paranoid conjecture on my part. I’m told that what follows after the “meat” which is what I’ll describe in the video and below is said to be in all of the cuts of the trailer at this point. With that in mind, that’s what I’ll report on.
Bonus content: I have also include some unpublished photos from the season 2 set of The Mandalorian at the end.
The Gist of the Rumors
- The trailer is said to open with Kylo landing on the dead world of Exogal or Exogul (we don’t know the spelling).
- We observe Kylo as walks towards a large floating cube.
- We see Kylo Ren take a lift down below the surface into the planet.
- Ren meets an old man (Darth Sidious).
- The cut jumps to Kylo with his saber igniting and being put up to the old man’s neck who identifies himself as Darth Sidious.
- Palpatine or Darth Sidious is in a vertical med chair he is strapped into.
- We then see a lot of general shots of the battles and the Resistance like the stuff we’ve seen before.
- The trailer ends with Palpatine saying “something” in his gravely spooky voice we will likely report soon.
I might be able to report more on the trailer once more sources have seen it and can verify more commonalities between the various cuts. But for now, that moment is said to be the exposition and the core of the two minute trailer. We see Kylo discovering the old version of Palpatine before he becomes something “more.” The rest of the trailer is the kid of stuff we have already seen for the most part.
A really cool depiction of an earlier story
Also, on Reddit user u/AndrewBurt120 did a fantastic piece on our last Palpatine video and story that’s rather rad:
Also there was an image from Empire Magazine of Kylo and we did a short video about what sequence sources told us the picture is from:
Check back for more updates on Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker!