Mark and Becca are back to talk about the Force and the Whills. In this episode of “Tarkin’s Top Shelf”, your hosts get into some real controversial territory as they discuss the recent conversation between George Lucas and James Cameron. Each host takes a turn shedding light and connecting current continuity to Lucas’ ideas for the final Star Wars trilogy. So give it a listen and you be the judge on should’ve, could’ve, would’ve?
Mike and Joao thought this was going to be a simple character dissection. They were very wrong.
Quick episode summary:
- Patreon shoutouts
- Kathleen Kennedy fires Chris Miller & Phil Lord
- What does this mean for future spin-offs?
- Colin Trevorrow asks Rian Johnson to film something for Episode IX
- Main Topic: Qui-Gon Jinn character dissection
- Our initial thoughts on Qui-Gon Jinn
- Qui-Gon isn’t paying attention
- Qui-Gon the warrior monk
- Mind tricks, manipulation, and swindling
- Taking calculated risks
- Qui-Gon and Shmi
- Going against the council
- Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon’s relationship
- Would Qui-Gon join Count Dooku?
- Training Anakin
- Training to preserve oneself
Help us spread the word about the show
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe via Google Play Music
- Click here to subscribe via SoundCloud
Feedback and Promotion